Are you fluent in both Mandarin and English? Are you an experienced translation specialist looking to engage with clients on a regular basis? Do you want to work with a collaborative team at an international insurance firm? Then read on:
My client is a leader in solutions and broking with a global outreach, headquartered in central London. They are looking for an in-house translator and claims handler to join the Ipswich (UK) office. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team-based environment. The role requires you to translate English content into Mandarin, and to proofread and assess the quality of ENG>Mandarin translations produced by the team. No two days are the same- and you will be required to translate a variety of materials in this role.
Please also bear in mind that this role is a predominantly office-based role, and it is not possible to work from home full time.
Skills & experience required:
- Fluent Mandarin to mother tongue standard
- Good command of written and spoken English
- BA or equivalent in Translation Studies
- Experience of working closely with a team of translators, but also working independently
- Experience with legal texts and wordings
- Experience within insurance preferred but not essential
- High level of attention to detail
-Experience of account and client management preferred
- Ability to think on your feet, prioritise important tasks and to multi-task
- Analysing and processing claims documents from clients, strictly ensuring that they adhere to legal standard
-Managing and resolving client queries, and where necessary, escalating issues.
-Supporting the wider team to meet financial process deadlines
-Translation of formal and confidential content -mainly from ENG>MAN, but occasionally MAN>ENG. Typically group policies, technical reports, claims reports, client sensitive materials and business presentation
-Proofreading and QA of Mandarin translations
-Additional sight translation support for technicians in the office
- Creating new reinsurance contracts and reviewing older documents to ensure full compliance with internal standards and external regulators
- Delivering contract and guidance to clients and broking teams
This is an exciting permanent opportunity beginning immediately. If you are currently available and have the required skillset please send your CV in word format.
Thank you for your interest in Euro London Appointments. Please be advised CV's will be treated in the strictest of confidence and that your application will not be forwarded without your permission. We aim to respond promptly to your application however, due to the high level of CV's we receive we are only able to respond to applicants whose profile matches our Clients requirements. For more jobs please visit our website at www.eurolondon.com.