Our client, a leading IT Infrastructure Support Services Leader, with expertise in Hybrid Cloud, Digital Infrastructure and Cyber Security Services for some of the world's best known Sporting, Manufacturing, Airline and Financial services organizations, is currently looking for a Dutch or Czech speaking 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer specialized in Converged Communications to join their new and expanding team in the vibrant and cultural Czech capital , Prague.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Dutch or Czech speaking Engineer with advanced English and prior Converged Communications experience to join a recognized leader in the IT Services sector in a multilingual environment, working alongside over 15 nationalities.
The role is responsible for providing a professional second-line technical support service to clients by proactively identifying and resolving technical incidents and problems. Through preemptive service incident and resolution activities, this role will restore service to clients by managing incidents and seeing them through to an effective resolution. The role is responsible for managing incidents of medium complexity.
1. Provide remote 2nd line technical support to clients who are largely IT professionals.
2. Identifying root cause of incidents.
3. Ensure resolution of incidents and service requests.
4. Participate in performance reviews, identify causes of performance shortcomings and provide suggestions for improvement.
5. Review the recurring or high impact incidents and manage them through problem management process.
6. Able to work on an 'on-call' rota basis ( additional compensation), usually once every 4 weeks.
- At least one significant professional/long-term internship experience required in unified communications (voice) administration or support
- Experience supporting clients with at least 2 of the following technologies: Cisco Call Manager, Polycom, Tandberg, Alcatel, Audiocodes, Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business, OXE , Opentouch.
- Proficiency in English and either Dutch or Czech is required
- Any certifications in the abovementioned technologies would be advantageous.
Our client is able to offer training and certification opportunities, allowing highly motivated , keen to learn engineers the opportunity to improve their skills and become the best in their specialism. Relocation assistance is provided and the position is to begin in February 2018.