Do you have 2-5 years Core Java Experience? Have good knowledge of concurrency and synchronization issues/techniques in a multi-threaded environment?
Then read on!
Our client, an established global player in web based trading technology is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their team.
Reporting to the Head of Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will be working on critical production applications and infrastructure. You will be in the thick of solving the problems of distributed systems across continents in a way most engineers never experience.
As a successful candidate for this role you will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and systems design, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle complex problems. The client is particularly interested in software engineers familiar with aspects of running low latency distributed systems across continents -- depth in either networking technologies or Unix system calls are strong pluses.
- Work in an engineering team to maintain systems and to be a guardian of the end-to-end performance and reliability of Client's services
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - software, application and network
- Pro-active monitoring and risk mitigation activities to ensure minimization of critical production issues and recurring problems
- Team player who is able to take on responsibility and execute tasks independently under pressure in the production environment
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services along with Hot-fixes into production
- Take part in a shared 24x7 on-call rotation
- 3-5 years of Java programming skills and knowledge about its core libraries. Good knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design patterns. Used to unit-test your code.
Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems with good knowledge of concurrency and synchronization issues/techniques in a multi-threaded environment
Strong understanding and experience with handling Unix/Linux platforms
Should be comfortable with maintaining a large-scale service platform
Experience with system performance tuning at all levels (including Java/JVM, SQLs, buffer management, etc.)
Experience with performance-engineering for low-latency applications with practical knowledge of shell scripting in various languages (like Python)