Are you looking for a new challenge as a Network Engineer? Open to an English speaking Munich based opportunity?
Then I want to speak to you!
My client, a leading supplier of integrated gaming, innovative game content, sports betting management and transaction processing systems is looking for a hands-on candidate to join their team as a Network Engineer.
- Manages the network hardware for a 3 site (2 datacenter locations, 1 office and multiple WAN connections to points of sale), specifically:
- Ensures that access to the system is properly monitored and controlled
- Monitors the smooth communication of the systems operating in the Central System and the communication of all the points in the network while reporting and addressing instantly any problems that may arise
- Performs basic O/S functions (Unix, Windows, Linux) for troubleshooting, if required.
- Documents the current state of the system as per the required change management procedures
- Takes part in the validation of the support procedures and in the on the job training of new engineers in the characteristics of the specific system
- Defines processes for System Operators to follow for standard tasks. Maintains documentations for these processes and supervises process performance.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar fields.
- Min. experience of 3 years in similar position
- Experience in administrating and configuring clusters, ideally in AIX/ IBM and Linux/Unix.
- Experience in administration of Redhat Enterprise Linux environments
- Experience in Storage Areas Networks (SAN) or Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Experience in System Backup and Recovery Procedures and Tools (Veritas NetBackup)
- Experience in system Monitoring tools (Nagios)
- Experience in administrating and configuring clusters in Windows and Unix (AIX and Linux)
- Knowledge of application security, understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills in English. Knowledge of German language is a bonus.
- Excellent organizing and planning ability
- Self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines
- Teamwork spirit
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive and internal information